Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.
Plus Hosni Mubarak’s encyclopedia of ailments
Turns out Jewish Chairmen of the Federal Reserve have spotty records
In Hizzoner’s absence, candidates struggle to inspire the city—and build crucial coalitions ahead of next month’s primary
By David Kalis — My grandfather told me his hometown no longer existed. But I found it—and finally came to appreciate my own heritage.By Batya Ungar-Sargon — Leaflets telling Jews to register with authorities not actually from 'authorities'By Charlotte Bonelli — In 1936, Nazis celebrated Easter with Judenrein eggs—but a new book of family letters shows the crisis didn't translate
In his memoir ‘Positive,’ Michael Saag warns that our broken health care system is more dangerous than the AIDS epidemic
Liel Leibovitz, who has a new book out on the rock ’n’ roll poet, looks at how Cohen’s songs evolved from bleak to transcendent
Correspondence templates taught Jews both literacy and how to be modern. A new anthology shows their entertainment value.
- Not Your Bubbe’s Passover: Roasted Tomato and Fried Hallmoui Matzah Pizza
- New Movie ‘The Other Side’ Will Explore Sexual Abuse In Williamsburg’s Hasidic Community
- The Greatest Matzo Brei Breakfast Sandwich You’ll Ever See
- Calling All ‘Spider-Man’ Fans: Peter Parker is a Jew
- Selfie Spirituality
- ?Tallest Tree? examines what it means to be an outsider
- Real Housewives of Orange County Returns
- Real Housewives of New York ? Out of Africa