Allison Hoffman is a senior editor at Tablet Magazine. Her Twitter feed is @allisont_dc.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, the highest-ranking Jewish elected official in U.S. history, hails not from the urban melting pot but from a Southern, explicitly Christian America
A Brooklyn rabbi thought he could swindle hedge-fund king Steven Cohen by playing on his Judaism. It was a bad bet.
By Yair Rosenberg — The former Secretary of State places blame for conflict squarely on HamasBy David Berger — Twenty years after his death, the legacy of the Lubavitcher leader—‘the Prince of our generation’—is still a matter of heated debateBy Lee Smith — Nicholas Kristof's totally reasonable, utterly delusional recipe for peace
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
Known for right-wing politics, Vladimir Jabotinsky left an equally critical literary legacy. Hillel Halkin looks at it all.
- Alexis Fishman’s Star Turn in “Der Gelbe Stern”
- War, What Is It Good For? Policing Female Bodies, Apparently
- In Lieu of Tel Aviv Concert, Neil Young Donates to Budding Israeli & Palestinian Musicians
- The Data is in: America Loves Jews!
- On the verge of war, a little night music: The Israel Philharmonic plays L.A.
- The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey executive chef, Matt Loory
- ?Wish I Was Here?: Zach Braff on love, his new movie and being a Jew
- Real Housewives of Orange County Goes Mental