Adam Kirsch is a contributing editor for Tablet Magazine and the author of Benjamin Disraeli, a biography in the Nextbook Press Jewish Encounters book series.
Daf Yomi: The one protection God granted the Jews was to scatter them, so that no single enemy could destroy them all at once
In this week’s Daf Yomi, deference, privilege, and the appearance of impropriety from the rabbis of ancient Jewish society
The people of the book’s other Bible
Doomed Jewish lives, behind high walls
Forgotten genius was Lou Reed’s teacher, Saul Bellow’s inspiration
4:30 PM —
‘Snapshot’ highlights traces of the city’s past using Polaroid-style frames
2:58 PM —
Day 23 of Operation Protective Edge
1:27 PM —
And a challenge for our readers
11:45 AM —
Says she’s also Menachem Begin’s third cousin
10:30 AM —
A teacher’s story
9:00 AM —
The famed and controversial atheist weighs in on Gaza
By Chloe Valdary — 'You do not have the right to invoke my people’s struggle for your shoddy purposes'By Staff Notes — And why reporters won't talk about itBy Myer Freimann — Militant group used child labor to construct underground network in Gaza
Irving Finkel, an expert on ancient Mesopotamia, decodes a Babylonian tablet and traces its path to the Book of Genesis
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
- Joan Rivers: Nose Jobs Are the Key to Peace in the Middle East
- Russell Brand Rips Into Sean Hannity For Bullying Guest on Gaza Conflict
- The Bachelorette Finale: Wait, Josh is Jewish?!
- “Humans of New York” Photoblog Captures Amazing Stories of Holocaust Survivors
- Real Housewives of New York City Reunion Recap - Part 1
- Marlon Brando and the Jews
- The writers behind ?Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?
- Do Jews in Hollywood silence Palestinian sympathizers?