Abigail Pogrebin is the author of Stars of David and One and the Same. She moderates the interview series “What Everyone's Talking About” at the JCC in Manhattan.
An excerpt from Stars of David: Prominent Jews Talk About Being Jewish
Rabbis and congregants alike have made synagogue dull. But together we can make it more meaningful and more compelling.
By Myer Freimann — Militant group used child labor to construct underground network in GazaBy Yair Rosenberg — The former Secretary of State places blame for conflict squarely on HamasBy Batya Ungar-Sargon — Shmuley Boteach—rabbi, sexpert, Michael Jackson pal—has led many lives. But none of them can obliterate his past.
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
Known for right-wing politics, Vladimir Jabotinsky left an equally critical literary legacy. Hillel Halkin looks at it all.
- Debating the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Demands Empathy, Not Just History
- Remembering Estelle Getty, Who Would Have Turned 91 Today
- Gigantic Replica of Solomon’s Temple Opens in Brazil
- Graphic Novelist Liana Finck on Yiddish Letters, Teen Angst, and Becoming a Book Person
- LeAnn and Eddie Week 2 Recap
- Real Housewives of NYC Finale: Table Flip vs. Leg Toss
- Real Housewives of Orange County Breakdown Recap
- Maggie Gyllenhaal stars in SundanceTV?s ?The Honorable Woman?