Batya Ungar-Sargon is a staff writer at Tablet Magazine. Her Twitter feed is @bungarsargon.
In his new book, ‘The Negotiator,’ Long Island-born Gershon Baskin says the prisoner swap that saved the soldier was worth it
Are they heroes to the wives, or religious vigilantes?
The author of ‘Slaves of New York’ dishes on male reviewers, passing fame, and the satire of bad luck
Susan Weiss started out trying to win divorce cases, but now her mission is pushing Israel’s Orthodox rabbinate to change its ways
The greatest book about a cockroach that Kafka did not write
With a chance to finally elect one of their own to New York’s City Council, Russian politicos let their suspicions run wild
11:30 AM —
On August 2, 1944, Nazis liquidated the concentration camp’s Gypsy section
10:15 AM —
Three reasons it has difficulty facing up to anti-Jewish hate
9:00 AM —
Celebrated author and Yiddish scion passes away at 103
2:58 PM —
Day 23 of Operation Protective Edge
1:27 PM —
And a challenge for our readers
11:45 AM —
Says she’s also Menachem Begin’s third cousin
By Chloe Valdary — 'You do not have the right to invoke my people’s struggle for your shoddy purposes'By Staff Notes — And why reporters won't talk about itBy Myer Freimann — Militant group used child labor to construct underground network in Gaza
Irving Finkel, an expert on ancient Mesopotamia, decodes a Babylonian tablet and traces its path to the Book of Genesis
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
- Joan Rivers: Nose Jobs Are the Key to Peace in the Middle East
- Russell Brand Rips Into Sean Hannity For Bullying Guest on Gaza Conflict
- The Bachelorette Finale: Wait, Josh is Jewish?!
- “Humans of New York” Photoblog Captures Amazing Stories of Holocaust Survivors
- Real Housewives of New York City Reunion Recap - Part 1
- Marlon Brando and the Jews
- The writers behind ?Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?
- Do Jews in Hollywood silence Palestinian sympathizers?