Dana Kessler has written for Maariv, Haaretz, Yediot Aharonot, and other Israeli publications. She is based in Tel Aviv.
Chocolate Week begins in Israel, spotlighting dozens of artisan chocolatiers that have sprung up in the past few years
Right-wing artist’s snub sets off a firestorm about free speech and art
On an agricultural farm in the Negev, visitors learn how to plant their own vegetable gardens for Tu B’Shevat
I didn’t know about the holidays until my son came home from preschool wearing a cardboard Hanukkah candle on his head
Boutique olive-oil producers gain popularity in Israel, but cheap imported oil—often lower quality—threatens the fledgling industry
On a moshav in southern Israel, the women behind Matamey Cochin keep alive the flavors of an ancient Jewish community
Old family recipes—from Morocco, Iraq, or Poland—in a new context offer a new range of options for Israeli restaurants
Chinese food has long been a staple, but now Israeli restaurants offer dishes from Thailand, Japan, Vietnam, and India
The music mogul and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer talks about his faith in God, rockstar Kabbalah, and the soundtracks of life
Forget cheap hummus shops. Arabic cuisine is coming into its own in Israel, as fine dining for Arabs and Jews alike.
By Yair Rosenberg — The former Secretary of State places blame for conflict squarely on HamasBy David Berger — Twenty years after his death, the legacy of the Lubavitcher leader—‘the Prince of our generation’—is still a matter of heated debateBy Lee Smith — Nicholas Kristof's totally reasonable, utterly delusional recipe for peace
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
Known for right-wing politics, Vladimir Jabotinsky left an equally critical literary legacy. Hillel Halkin looks at it all.
- Alexis Fishman’s Star Turn in “Der Gelbe Stern”
- War, What Is It Good For? Policing Female Bodies, Apparently
- In Lieu of Tel Aviv Concert, Neil Young Donates to Budding Israeli & Palestinian Musicians
- The Data is in: America Loves Jews!
- On the verge of war, a little night music: The Israel Philharmonic plays L.A.
- The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey executive chef, Matt Loory
- ?Wish I Was Here?: Zach Braff on love, his new movie and being a Jew
- Real Housewives of Orange County Goes Mental