Dr. Elana Maryles Sztokman is the outgoing Executive Director of JOFA, the Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance, and the award-winning author of several books on feminism and Jewish life, including (with Chaya Gorsetman), Educating in the Divine Image: Gender Issues in Orthodox Jewish Day Schools, which just won the National Jewish Book Council award in education.
The former Knesset member led the way for a movement now in its prime
By James Kirchick — The backlash against a finance minister’s recent remarks exposes a weakness in Germany’s embrace of their unique legacyBy Joan Nathan — Video: The former Soviet republic’s Jewish history dates back millennia. This simple recipe is one of the community’s treasures.By Liel Leibovitz — From smashing Google Glasses to rejecting peace talks, failing to understand natural rights is leading to some very dark places
In his memoir ‘Positive,’ Michael Saag warns that our broken health care system is more dangerous than the AIDS epidemic
Liel Leibovitz, who has a new book out on the rock ’n’ roll poet, looks at how Cohen’s songs evolved from bleak to transcendent
Correspondence templates taught Jews both literacy and how to be modern. A new anthology shows their entertainment value.
- Katy Perry, The Bar Mitzvah DJ
- Spotlight On: Andrew Steinthal, Co-founder of ‘The Infatuation’
- Haim Rocks Out at Coachella
- Susan Sontag Documentary to Debut at the Tribeca Film Festival
- A German saves a Jew
- One man, two identities: Archbishop was ?The Jewish Cardinal?
- Some Real Housewives of New York Gets Real
- Drinks with Mariah Huq of Married to Medicine