Hannah Dreyfus is an editorial intern at Tablet.
The 83-year-old building to become a hotel and shops, plus a new synagogue
Hadar Magazine’s fashion editor talks maxi skirts, Natalie Portman, and more
‘What I Be’ portrait series makes waves at Yeshiva University
Nearly 200 people have signed up to train at their Bnei Brak dojo
Israel, meanwhile, seeks a gradual withdrawal in the 10-50 year range
A look through Tablet’s archives
22-year-old Yossi Eilfort recently fought—and won—his first amateur match
Shin Bet reportedly arrested three men in connection with the ‘advanced’ plan
By Yair Rosenberg — These Jewish leaders’ influence has been felt around the country, in every denomination, even if you don’t know them by nameBy Lee Smith — One Middle Eastern nation does indeed pay to influence U.S. foreign policy. Hint: It’s not Israel.By Joan Nathan — Video: Throw away your jars of gray fish patties. This Rosh Hashanah, make a terrine that’ll have doubters asking for seconds.
The dynamic conductor and genius behind ‘West Side Story’ also wrote classical works. Allen Shawn explores what they reveal.
Batya Ungar-Sargon discusses her exposé on the tax rolls and funding cuts that fueled an ethnic rift in East Ramapo, N.Y.
Some people lean on neighbors for a cup of sugar. The Fruchters, of Memphis, Tennessee, needed theirs to help them keep the Sabbath.
- Actor Shane Baker on Translating ‘Waiting for Godot’ into Yiddish
- OMGWTFBIBLE Podcast: The Israelites Confront Pharoah, Things Get Real
- Making Aliyah—With a Little Help From Some Evangelical Christians
- Amy Winehouse Statue Unveiled in London
- Jonathan Tropper?s ?This is Where I Leave You? finds humor during shivah
- Local yenta tackles Jews and sex in ?Transparent? with Jeffrey Tambor
- The martyrdom of Steven Sotloff
- Real Housewives of New Jersey - The Cancer Season