J. Hoberman, the former longtime Village Voice film critic, is a monthly film columnist for Tablet Magazine. His new book, Film After Film: Or, What Became of 21st Century Cinema? was recently published by Verso.
It rains and rains in the most eccentric Old Testament adaptation, and most Jewish biblical blockbuster, ever made
Claude Lanzmann returns to his greatest subject through footage of a conflicted Elder of Theresienstadt
‘Inside Llewyn Davis,’ opening December 6, pits the existential victim against the very possibility of Jewish success
Joshua Oppenheimer’s brutal film about the Indonesian genocide shows us what history looks like when blood-soaked sociopaths win
6:00 PM —
Getting to the bottom of what the war in Gaza is about
4:30 PM —
‘Snapshot’ highlights traces of the city’s past using Polaroid-style frames
2:58 PM —
Day 23 of Operation Protective Edge
1:27 PM —
And a challenge for our readers
11:45 AM —
Says she’s also Menachem Begin’s third cousin
10:30 AM —
A teacher’s story
By Chloe Valdary — 'You do not have the right to invoke my people’s struggle for your shoddy purposes'By Staff Notes — And why reporters won't talk about itBy Myer Freimann — Militant group used child labor to construct underground network in Gaza
Irving Finkel, an expert on ancient Mesopotamia, decodes a Babylonian tablet and traces its path to the Book of Genesis
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
- Joan Rivers: Nose Jobs Are the Key to Peace in the Middle East
- Russell Brand Rips Into Sean Hannity For Bullying Guest on Gaza Conflict
- The Bachelorette Finale: Wait, Josh is Jewish?!
- “Humans of New York” Photoblog Captures Amazing Stories of Holocaust Survivors
- Real Housewives of New York City Reunion Recap - Part 1
- Marlon Brando and the Jews
- The writers behind ?Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?
- Do Jews in Hollywood silence Palestinian sympathizers?