Accepted by the mainstream Jewish community, some gays now feel excluded at New York’s premier LGBT synagogue
Another egregious campaign by the animal rights group, which once compared Shoah victims to pigs
Raphael Glucksmann should be with his family in Paris, but he’s too busy defending the nascent liberal democracy in Ukraine
Kerry and others talk in terms of demographics, but it’s a question of rights
The backlash against a finance minister’s recent remarks exposes a weakness in Germany’s embrace of their unique legacy
A visit to Kiev’s Jewish institutions reveals Jews there are less concerned about their neighbors at home than the bully next door
Europe’s approach to banning expression lets people feel good but does nothing to eradicate racism
Bizarre clash of ideals at CUNY, where Israel is accused of using its gay-rights record to conceal its oppression of Palestinians
By Yair Rosenberg — These Jewish leaders’ influence has been felt around the country, in every denomination, even if you don’t know them by nameBy Lee Smith — One Middle Eastern nation does indeed pay to influence U.S. foreign policy. Hint: It’s not Israel.By Joan Nathan — Video: Throw away your jars of gray fish patties. This Rosh Hashanah, make a terrine that’ll have doubters asking for seconds.
The dynamic conductor and genius behind ‘West Side Story’ also wrote classical works. Allen Shawn explores what they reveal.
Batya Ungar-Sargon discusses her exposé on the tax rolls and funding cuts that fueled an ethnic rift in East Ramapo, N.Y.
Some people lean on neighbors for a cup of sugar. The Fruchters, of Memphis, Tennessee, needed theirs to help them keep the Sabbath.
- Jewish College Student Survey: Israel is Most “Crucial Issue” For Young Jews Today
- Spotlight On: Indie-Folk Trio Distant Cousins
- Actor Shane Baker on Translating ‘Waiting for Godot’ into Yiddish
- OMGWTFBIBLE Podcast: The Israelites Confront Pharoah, Things Get Real
- A Conversation with Amber Marchese of Real Housewives of New Jersey
- Jonathan Tropper?s ?This is Where I Leave You? finds humor during shivah
- Local artist tackles Jews and sex in ?Transparent? with Jeffrey Tambor
- The martyrdom of Steven Sotloff