Liel Leibovitz is a senior writer for Tablet Magazine.
As a new biography of the critic and Nazi collaborator Paul de Man shows, terrible theories have terrible consequences
After reading my book out loud, I finally accepted the truth: I’m just not an oral tradition kind of guy
The new TV show, starring two young Jewish women, may be as culturally significant as Lenny Bruce or Joey Ramone
Forget ‘Noah’ or ‘Son of God’; to engage religious viewers, Hollywood should make more films like ‘Groundhog Day’ or ’2001′
Not all viewpoints are reconcilable–and that’s OK
Fighting reanimated Hezbollah ghouls, the IDF’s heroes never lose their cool
Will Omri Marcus’ brand of demented comedy television be Israel’s next great export?
By Yair Rosenberg — The former Secretary of State places blame for conflict squarely on HamasBy David Berger — Twenty years after his death, the legacy of the Lubavitcher leader—‘the Prince of our generation’—is still a matter of heated debateBy Aurélie A. — An eyewitness account of how the synagogue of Rue de la Roquette was attacked by a mob, and fought back
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
Known for right-wing politics, Vladimir Jabotinsky left an equally critical literary legacy. Hillel Halkin looks at it all.
- Alexis Fishman’s Star Turn in “Der Gelbe Stern”
- War, What Is It Good For? Policing Female Bodies, Apparently
- In Lieu of Tel Aviv Concert, Neil Young Donates to Budding Israeli & Palestinian Musicians
- The Data is in: America Loves Jews!
- On the verge of war, a little night music: The Israel Philharmonic plays L.A.
- The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey executive chef, Matt Loory
- ?Wish I Was Here?: Zach Braff on love, his new movie and being a Jew
- Real Housewives of Orange County Goes Mental