Liel Leibovitz is a senior writer for Tablet Magazine.
In a funny new ad produced by the settlers’ lobby group
Like all viral hits, the reverse Nazi salute is hard to explain and harder to resist, which makes it all the more dangerous
The ASA’s decision to boycott Israel is just the latest in a troubling trend of sheer political stupidity, threatening Jews and others
Sefi Rivlin, the iconic Israeli comedian who died earlier this month, revolutionized the country’s political scene
Enough already with blasting shopping as soulless: Jewish tradition is nothing if not a defense of commerce
On the tricky logic of assigning guilt
The murder of Shafik Kabha raises questions about the rampant violence in the Israeli Arab community
The pop sensation defined and preserved Israeli culture—until he no longer could
By Yair Rosenberg — These Jewish leaders’ influence has been felt around the country, in every denomination, even if you don’t know them by nameBy Lee Smith — One Middle Eastern nation does indeed pay to influence U.S. foreign policy. Hint: It’s not Israel.By Joan Nathan — Video: Throw away your jars of gray fish patties. This Rosh Hashanah, make a terrine that’ll have doubters asking for seconds.
Chaya Ben Baruch’s sixth child was born with Down syndrome. Then she did what every good mother does—set out to find him a mate.
The dynamic conductor and genius behind ‘West Side Story’ also wrote classical works. Allen Shawn explores what they reveal.
Batya Ungar-Sargon discusses her exposé on the tax rolls and funding cuts that fueled an ethnic rift in East Ramapo, N.Y.
- Jewish College Student Survey: Israel is Most “Crucial Issue” For Young Jews Today
- Spotlight On: Indie-Folk Trio Distant Cousins
- Actor Shane Baker on Translating ‘Waiting for Godot’ into Yiddish
- OMGWTFBIBLE Podcast: The Israelites Confront Pharoah, Things Get Real
- Real Housewives of New Jersey: the Losers are Back
- A Conversation with Amber Marchese of Real Housewives of New Jersey
- Jonathan Tropper?s ?This is Where I Leave You? finds humor during shivah
- Local artist tackles Jews and sex in ?Transparent? with Jeffrey Tambor