Liel Leibovitz is a senior writer for Tablet Magazine.
Enough already with blasting shopping as soulless: Jewish tradition is nothing if not a defense of commerce
On the tricky logic of assigning guilt
The murder of Shafik Kabha raises questions about the rampant violence in the Israeli Arab community
The pop sensation defined and preserved Israeli culture—until he no longer could
New indie hit has players make life-and-death decisions with nothing more than a desk and a set of stamps
Tech-savvy aficionados of cholent and chopped liver defend the honor of Polish cuisine by likening it to advanced technology
Don’t believe the hype: Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ is a brilliant work of fiction about those who want the Jewish state to disappear
The popular video game franchise has precious advice to offer about communication, continuity, and keeping the faith
As ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ gets picked up for an entire season, the show must learn from ‘Barney Miller’ and find its Jewish soul
Young, progressive voters are accusing liberal paragons like Gideon Levy of selling out. Will their split have national implications?
By Elana Sztokman — Elana Sztokman flies the not-so friendly skies home to IsraelBy Etgar Keret — Even if the person you wronged doesn’t remember what you did, it can still make a difference to ask for forgiveness. Maybe.By Marjorie Ingall — As Yom Kippur approaches, I’ll share what I’ve learned about how to apologize—and how not to
On a new album, the captivating leader of the band Pharaoh’s Daughter reclaims the music that dominated her religious childhood
Chaya Ben Baruch’s sixth child was born with Down syndrome. Then she did what every good mother does—set out to find him a mate.
The dynamic conductor and genius behind ‘West Side Story’ also wrote classical works. Allen Shawn explores what they reveal.
- Debut Novelist Yelena Akhtiorskaya on Misery, Writing, and Brighton Beach
- Review: “This Is Where I Leave You”
- Buzzfeed Hipsters Sample Jewish Food For the First Time
- Brooklyn’s Best Vintage Store Also Supports Jewish Kids With Serious Illnesses
- Playwright Jessica Goldberg?s ?Better?: When misery begets art
- My Evening with LeAnn Rimes & the LA County Sherriff
- A Conversation with Jim Marchese of Real Housewives of New Jersey
- Edge of Tomorrow: At 91, Grandma reflects on the state of the world and her soul for Rosh Hashanah