Maya Benton is consulting curator at the International Center of Photography and director of the Roman Vishniac Archive. She is based in Paris.
The work, lost for a century, depicts Edgardo Mortara, an Italian Jewish boy seized by Church authorities
The museum removed photos of gay men at Berlin’s Holocaust memorial from an exhibit on sex and identity
By Rachel Shukert — Somehow, the mangling of the Broadway actress’s name may be the best thing to happen to her underappreciated careerBy Jeffrey Veidlinger — Jews have lived in the area since ancient times, and leaders from Catherine the Great to Stalin encouraged their settlement thereBy Hannah Thoburn — But now the country’s Jewish community is divided between those lining up with Moscow and those joining the revolution in Kiev
As the 91-year-old Yiddish theater star embarks on a Purim cabaret show, we revisit his appearance on Vox Tablet
Edmund Levin plumbs trial transcripts to examine how one of Russia’s biggest court cases fed on the myth of Jewish malice
Evolving Jewish culture—and doctors’ orders—dealt a blow to South Florida’s delicatessens. But they’re making a comeback.
- Joshua Malina Does NOT Wish Mel Gibson A Shabbat Shalom
- Five Year Old Sruli Recites Wolf Of Wall Street Monologue on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Ultra Orthodox High School Boasts Full-Piece Marching Band
- The Newest Best Thing on the Internet: Wifey.tv
- The long road to ?Harmony? filled with twists and turns
- Joe & Teresa Giudice Plead Guilty
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is Almost Done!
- Brad Pitt the big winner on Oscar night