“Pinsky’s language and insights are gorgeous, as we have come to expect from his poetry and his prose about poetry, and one finishes “The Life of David” with a sense of King David as a Shakespearean figure.”
“One comes away from Rashi with a clear sense – despite reading the book in translation – that Wiesel took on this project with much enthusiasm and curiosity. For an octogenarian author of more than 50 books of fiction and nonfiction, such undimmed literary passion is admirable indeed.”
7:09 PM —
Spielberg’s 1977 sci-fi epic is loaded with portents, but what do they mean?
6:31 PM —
The answer isn’t in the skewed number of casualties or mismatched weaponry
4:31 PM —
Civil disobedience act targeted the Friends of the IDF office in Times Square
4:03 PM —
Trolls come out strong for the Jews
3:37 PM —
As protestors’ rhetoric heats up across Europe, many Jews feel safer in Israel
1:58 PM —
Flights halted for 24 hours after Hamas rocket lands near Ben Gurion airport
12:49 PM —
Oron Shaul was in the armored personnel carrier hit by Hamas rocket Sunday
10:05 AM —
IDF forces say they’ve uncovered more than 23 tunnels and 66 access points
8:44 AM —
Another anti-Israel rally in Europe devolves into anti-Semitism
By Yair Rosenberg — The former Secretary of State places blame for conflict squarely on HamasBy Jordan Chandler Hirsch — As protestors' rhetoric heats up across Europe, many Jews feel safer in IsraelBy Yair Rosenberg — Another anti-Israel rally in Europe devolves into anti-Semitism
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
Known for right-wing politics, Vladimir Jabotinsky left an equally critical literary legacy. Hillel Halkin looks at it all.
- Alexis Fishman’s Star Turn in “Der Gelbe Stern”
- War, What Is It Good For? Policing Female Bodies, Apparently
- In Lieu of Tel Aviv Concert, Neil Young Donates to Budding Israeli & Palestinian Musicians
- The Data is in: America Loves Jews!
- On the verge of war, a little night music: The Israel Philharmonic plays L.A.
- The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey executive chef, Matt Loory
- ?Wish I Was Here?: Zach Braff on love, his new movie and being a Jew
- Real Housewives of Orange County Goes Mental