Robin Saikia is a British travel writer and historian based in London and Venice. He is the author of The Venice Lido, the first ever full-length historical and cultural guide to Venice's glamorous beach resort, The Horn Book: A Victorian Sex Manual; Munich: A Third Reich Tourist Guide; and The Red Book: The Membership List of The Right Club, 1939; among others.
British author Robin Saikia looks back at the two artists’ work
By Chloe Valdary — 'You do not have the right to invoke my people’s struggle for your shoddy purposes'By Myer Freimann — Militant group used child labor to construct underground network in GazaBy Batya Ungar-Sargon — Shmuley Boteach—rabbi, sexpert, Michael Jackson pal—has led many lives. But none of them can obliterate his past.
Irving Finkel, an expert on ancient Mesopotamia, decodes a Babylonian tablet and traces its path to the Book of Genesis
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
- Debating the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Demands Empathy, Not Just History
- Remembering Estelle Getty, Who Would Have Turned 91 Today
- Gigantic Replica of Solomon’s Temple Opens in Brazil
- Graphic Novelist Liana Finck on Yiddish Letters, Teen Angst, and Becoming a Book Person
- Real Housewives of New Jersey - NO MORE RICH
- Peter Himmelman?s new music video takes on Israel-Gaza conflict
- LeAnn and Eddie Week 2 Recap
- Real Housewives of NYC Finale: Table Flip vs. Leg Toss