‘The Jewish Daughter Diaries’ paints an often-predictable portrait of Jewish moms. My own family’s history is more complicated.
A new documentary follows four women on their journey to parenthood
Complain about over-representation of Jews on popular parenting blog
The comedian’s activist streak continues, for a good cause
By Elana Sztokman — Elana Sztokman flies the not-so friendly skies home to IsraelBy Anne Roiphe — The influential writer reflects on six decades of art, worry, and Jewish Princess jokesBy Marjorie Ingall — As Yom Kippur approaches, I’ll share what I’ve learned about how to apologize—and how not to
On a new album, the captivating leader of the band Pharaoh’s Daughter reclaims the music that dominated her religious childhood
Chaya Ben Baruch’s sixth child was born with Down syndrome. Then she did what every good mother does—set out to find him a mate.
The dynamic conductor and genius behind ‘West Side Story’ also wrote classical works. Allen Shawn explores what they reveal.
- Debut Novelist Yelena Akhtiorskaya on Misery, Writing, and Brighton Beach
- Review: “This Is Where I Leave You”
- Buzzfeed Hipsters Sample Jewish Food For the First Time
- Brooklyn’s Best Vintage Store Also Supports Jewish Kids With Serious Illnesses
- Playwright Jessica Goldberg?s ?Better?: When misery begets art
- My Evening with LeAnn Rimes & the LA County Sherriff
- A Conversation with Jim Marchese of Real Housewives of New Jersey
- Edge of Tomorrow: At 91, Grandma reflects on the state of the world and her soul for Rosh Hashanah