Vladislav Davidzon, Tablet's European culture correspondent, is a Russian-American writer, translator, and critic. He was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, and lives in Paris.
From Paris to Benghazi to Dhaka to Kiev, France’s most prominent, and tireless, public philosopher is also its de facto statesman
The French film festival goes raw on depictions of incest, murder, DSK, Ukraine, Timbuktu, and stardom
Cites Ukraine’s appointment of oligarchs as governors as reason for unrest
The whole question of modernity, in new assessments of the German composer and his work
Provocateur’s legal woes coincide with rising anti-Jewish sentiment in Paris
Two new biographical studies and dual exhibits in Vienna plumb the psychodrama of the great Lucian Freud
The late political theorist, Marxist philosopher, and urbanist, who died this year, was my teacher and spiritual guide
A new show at the Jewish Museum in New York follows contrasting exhibits in Liverpool and Paris
By Yair Rosenberg — The former Secretary of State places blame for conflict squarely on HamasBy Jordan Chandler Hirsch — As protestors' rhetoric heats up across Europe, many Jews feel safer in IsraelBy Batya Ungar-Sargon — Shmuley Boteach—rabbi, sexpert, Michael Jackson pal—has led many lives. But none of them can obliterate his past.
How one shy, whistle-blowing intern in an Amsterdam archive uncovered a travesty that insulted a decimated community
Two economists argue that literacy, not laws forbidding land ownership, created a small, widely dispersed and highly skilled minority
Known for right-wing politics, Vladimir Jabotinsky left an equally critical literary legacy. Hillel Halkin looks at it all.
- Graphic Novelist Liana Finck on Yiddish Letters, Teen Angst, and Becoming a Book Person
- Alexis Fishman’s Star Turn in “Der Gelbe Stern”
- War, What Is It Good For? Policing Female Bodies, Apparently
- In Lieu of Tel Aviv Concert, Neil Young Donates to Budding Israeli & Palestinian Musicians
- Real Housewives of Orange County Breakdown Recap
- Maggie Gyllenhaal stars in BBC?s ?The Honorable Woman?
- Michael Urie is Barbra Streisand in ?Buyer & Cellar?
- Christmas with the Real Housewives of New Jersey