Measure passes General Assembly by a vote of 310-303
Interfaith activist Mark Paredes tries to boost understanding between the two religions—and to encourage Jewish proselytizing
Advocate of Israel boycott tells Jews that America is ‘the Promised Land’
Ambassador to Israel Dave Sharma explains why they’re dropping the adjective
Israeli leader also accuses settlers of ‘a distortion of the essence of Judaism’
And why it still matters
Israelis usually win the International Bible Contest. But one year, two young Americans defied the odds in a televised showdown.
By Yair Rosenberg — These Jewish leaders’ influence has been felt around the country, in every denomination, even if you don’t know them by nameBy Lee Smith — One Middle Eastern nation does indeed pay to influence U.S. foreign policy. Hint: It’s not Israel.By Joan Nathan — Video: Throw away your jars of gray fish patties. This Rosh Hashanah, make a terrine that’ll have doubters asking for seconds.
The dynamic conductor and genius behind ‘West Side Story’ also wrote classical works. Allen Shawn explores what they reveal.
Batya Ungar-Sargon discusses her exposé on the tax rolls and funding cuts that fueled an ethnic rift in East Ramapo, N.Y.
Some people lean on neighbors for a cup of sugar. The Fruchters, of Memphis, Tennessee, needed theirs to help them keep the Sabbath.
- Actor Shane Baker on Translating ‘Waiting for Godot’ into Yiddish
- OMGWTFBIBLE Podcast: The Israelites Confront Pharoah, Things Get Real
- Making Aliyah—With a Little Help From Some Evangelical Christians
- Amy Winehouse Statue Unveiled in London
- Jonathan Tropper?s ?This is Where I Leave You? finds humor during shivah
- Local yenta tackles Jews and sex in ?Transparent? with Jeffrey Tambor
- The martyrdom of Steven Sotloff
- Real Housewives of New Jersey - The Cancer Season