Nondairy Challah Bread Pudding
2 1/2 cups almond milk or soy milk (vanilla flavor)
3/4 cup nondairy chocolate chips or raisins
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
8 cups of 1-inch cubes of whole-wheat challah
1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
vegetable oil spray
1. Spray an 11” x 17” glass baking dish with vegetable oil. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
3. Add challah cubes, tossing to coat. Let challah mixture stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat pieces evenly.
4. Spoon challah mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
5. Bake for 55 minutes or until pudding is set. Let pudding stand 15 minutes before serving.