• Shmuel Rosner has the full skinny on how much of the Jewish vote Mitt Romney could, could not, and in fact may get. Sounds to me like 30 percent may come to be a rough threshold? [Jewish Journal Rosner’s Domain]
• Uh-oh. Looks like the introduction to the new Arabic translation of the Talmud suggests “racist and hostile perception to the non-Jews,” which sounds a little like not giving the thing proper context. [Access ADL]
• Israel, one of the world’s most pro-natalist countries, has recommended permitting gay men to have children via anonymous, married surrogates. [JTA]
• Lithuanian Nazi collaborator dies; collaborator’s supporters bury and mourn him; supporters vandalize synagogue. [Haaretz]
• The U.K. Foreign Office clarified that it sees Tel Aviv, not Jerusalem, as Israel’s capital. [JTA/Haaretz]
• John Cleese will appear in an Israeli comedy. [JTA]
There’s exactly one apt video to post after reporting that John Cleese will appear in an Israeli comedy.