Daybreak: Etan Patz Killer Found?
Plus African immigrants attacked in Tel Aviv, and more in the news
• There was more or less a race riot against Sudanese immigrants in southern Tel Aviv last night, with the rioters’ sentiments vaguely backed even by some politicians. [Haaretz]
• Oil sanctions are crushing Syria’s economy. [NYT]
• Ari Shavit has a blistering column on Iran and President Obama, whom he accuses of “betraying his office.” [Haaretz]
• Yousef Munayyer, last seen on this blog for being the prominent non-two-stater on Peter Beinart’s, op-eds about inequality between Palestinians who are Israeli citizens (such as himself) and Palestinians who aren’t (such as his wife). [NYT]
• Say what you want—and there’s plenty to say—about their choices, it’s a little notable that Egyptians voted yesterday (and are voting today) in essentially free and fair elections. [NYT]