• Yes, even you can live in a historic East Village Synagogue with your own personal hot tub. [EVGrieve]
• Shaul Mofaz and President Obama met in the White House and discussed reopening peace negotiations. [JPost]
• An American woman (well, Boston. Close enough.) was detained for praying at the Western Wall while wearing a tallit. [Haaretz]
• The family of one of the victims of the Carmel forest fire is asking the Prime Minister to fire the ministers found at fault in a recent report, including Interior Minister Eli Yishai. Just a note, if this was the United States Cabinet he would have been fired two years ago. [Times of Israel]
• Brooklyn district attorney Charles Hynes, who has been accused of softballing sexual-abuse cases in Haredi communities, has charged four Satmar men with attempting to silence accusers with bribes and threats. It is the first time in 20 years he has arrested a Hasid for witness intimidation. [NYT]
It’s very hot.