• Secretary of State Clinton, part of a cavalcade of visiting U.S. officials, arrived in Israel yesterday to discuss Iranian nukes, Arab-Israeli peace, and Egyptian diplomacy. Defense Secretary Panetta will drop by next week. [Haaretz]
• Meanwhile, a Kassam rocket fired from Gaza landed in Israel this morning. [Times of Israel]
• Bucking a recent trend, DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will be speaking tonight at Keneseth Israel, a synagogue in the Philly ‘burbs, despite RJC objections. The shul has promised there will be a separate event with a Romney representative at a later day. [JTA]
• Massachusetts doctor Jill Stein crushed Roseanne Barr for the Green Party presidential nomination by a vote of 193.5 to 72, meaning there will be a Jewish woman on most ballots this year. The half vote signified that Stein also scored higher Nielsen ratings than Barr. [Baltimore Sun]
• Ladislaus Csizsik-Csatary, the Wiesenthal Center’s most wanted Nazi fugitive, has been located in Budapest. [JTA]
• Leon Wieseltier talks Ruth Bader Ginsburg and peppers a well-written disquisition on the Supreme Court’s ACA decision with ivrit word “pilpul.” [TNR]
It’s reggae/ska master Desmond Dekker’s birthday: Start your morning with “Israelites” and it will be impossible for you to have a bad day.