Sundown: A Link to Second Temple Era Imperiled
Also a Hungarian Nazi war criminal and Estelle Getty
• Slovakian Jews are demanding the extradition of alleged Nazi war criminal Laszlo Csizsik-Csatary who was discovered in Hungary last week. [JTA]
• Researchers are rushing to document the last living link of Jewish heritage in a Druze village in the Galilee, which has been home to a continuous Jewish presence since the Second Temple era. [Haaretz]
• A hotline has been set up in Germany where callers can swear at an operator to let off steam [Reuters]
• Jewcy explores the uncanny resemblance between Matisyahu and Justin Bieber. No jokes. [Jewcy]
• It’s the birthday of Golden Girl Estelle Getty, originally Estelle Scher-Gettleman.
Listen to Sophia tell of her love affair with Pablo Picasso. It’ll move you: