Sundown: Obama Expands Military Cooperation with Israel
Plus Madonna and swastikas.
• Today, President Barack Obama signed into law an expansion of military cooperation with Israel. Of course, this has nothing to do with the arrival of Mitt Romney in Israel tomorrow. [Haaretz]
• Activists in favor of releasing imprisoned Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard will be greeting Mitt Romney with placards featuring John McCain, who supports Pollard’s release from jail. [Jpost]
• Metro North commuters outside of Manhattan will get a pro-Israel posters with their morning train rides to counter the anti-Israel ones that went up last month. [Times of Israel]
• Madonna will continue to use swastika images in her concerts. Just for Marine Le Pen though. [Jewcy]
• Buenos Aires is aiming to become the kosher capital of South America with help from a new city initiative. Buenos Aires is home to 240,000 Jews. And steak. [JTA]
Jibril Rajoub says the campaign to honor the 11 slain Israelis is ‘divisive’