Daybreak: IDF Cleared in Rachel Corrie Trial
Plus the plot against the President and the ‘Zionist Occupied Government’
• A Haifa court ruled against the family of American activist Rachel Corrie, who was killed in Gaza in 2003. [JPost]
• The Atlantic reports on a plot by four United States soldiers to kill President Obama and overthrow the “Zionist Occupied Government.” Signaling the severity of the threat, the soldiers stockpiled nearly $90,000 worth of weapons and prosecutors are alleging that they killed two people who learned of the plot. [Atlantic]
• Nine Israeli teens were indicted in the attempted lynching of three Arab teenagers in West Jerusalem two weeks ago [Times of Israel]
• A Michigan State University student is alleging that he was the victim of an anti-Semitic attack at a party off-campus this past weekend. [JTA]
• Natalie Portman is front and center in a campaign to deliver female voters to President Obama. [Jewcy]
Will I subsist on Chex Mix at this year’s Republican National Convention?