Sundown: Fear the Olmert?
Plus Jay-Z lights the menorah in Brooklyn
• A lawyer from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party reportedly filed a petition with a judge to block former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert from returning to politics by disqualifying him for his breach of trust conviction in July. [JTA]
• Brooklyn rapper Jay-Z lit a menorah after each of his eight concerts at the Barclays Center opening this past week. [Jewcy]
• Mark Bittman writes on the California’s Central Valley, the land of a billion vegetables, and the dangers being done to the land by farmers (among many). [NYT]
• A statement from the editor of Jewrotica.com, a new site that focus on Jews and sex. Welcome to the neighborhood! [Jewrotica]
• In a bizarre story, a Mark Rothko mural at the Tate Modern in London was defaced over the weekend by adherents of an art movement. [NYT]