Will Bob Dylan Win the Nobel Prize?
Plus the swastika comes to Twitter
• The Swedes are set to name the Nobel Prize in literature today. Bookies are placing Bob Dylan at 10-to-1 odds. Brooklyners are crowing that Lena Dunham should have an outside shot. The rest of us have all but given up on Philip Roth winning [NYT]
• The sudden appearance (and proliferation) of Swastika images on the social media site Twitter has enraged Jewish groups. The Times of Israel reports on the spread of the symbol. [Times of Israel]
• Biochemist Robert Lefkowitz nearly slept through his congratulatory call from the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences announcing that he had won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Fortunately, his wife elbowed him awake. [Forward]
• A Negev rabbi was arrested on suspicion of having stolen Torah scrolls from his congregation during a Simchat Torah celebration earlier this week. [YNet]
• Jewcy’s Not Your Bubbe’s Recipe: Kasha Mac and Cheese. The Scroll tested the recipe last night with much success. [Jewcy]