Sundown: Not So Fast, Mr. Olmert?
Plus Arlen Specter eulogized
• The Israeli State’s Attorney says that the acquittals against former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in his corruption case are going to be appealed, opening the possibility that Olmert could face jail time. Olmert was mulling a return to politics. [JPost]
• Friends and family of the late former Senator Arlen Specter, including Vice President Joe Biden, spoke at Specter’s funeral in a suburb outside of Philadelphia today. [NYT]
• Sheldon Adelson dropped another $500,000 in a PAC supporting Rabbi Shmuley Boteach in his candidacy for the House of Representatives. Adelson will also donate another $10,000 directly to Boteach’s campaign to capture a seat in New Jersey. [WSJ]
• The assailant of Andras Kerenyi, the president of a congregation in the South Pest district of Budapest, was sentenced to two years in jail for his attack on Kerenyi. [JTA]
• Dvora Meyers in defense of Sarah Silverman, who has found her way back into controversy this week. [Jewcy]