Daybreak: Ceasefire Holds
Plus a possible detente with Turkey and Israel?
• Economists take note: As the cease-fire between Israel and Hamas holds–excepting a few minor incidents–the price of oil has dropped. [CBS]
• According to some of his published statements, the new head of the Syrian opposition does not appear to be an enormous fan of Israel and the Jews. [Times of Israel]
• Reports reveal that Israel and Turkey have been conducting reconciliation talks, a possible detente after over two years of strained ties in the wake of the Mavi Marmara incident [JTA]
• The Times profiles Joshua Rechnitz, the elusive Jewish philanthropist, who has pledged $40 million to help build a velodrome in Brooklyn Bridge Park. [NYT]
• Vladka Meed, who was a crucial figure in aiding the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, has died at age 90. Read the impressive obit here. [NYT]
• Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman is the latest to go ‘Gangnum-style.’ Jewcy has got the report. [Jewcy]