Sundown: A Tribute to the Hizzoner
Plus Hagel gets mixed reviews on performance at hearing
• One of the most memorable portraits of Ed Koch comes in the form of a book review by Arthur Schlesinger Jr. in the New York Review of Books about Koch’s book “Mayor.” [NYRB]
• David Sanger looks at Chuck Hagel’s testimony before the Senate Arms Committee ahead of the vote on his nomination for secretary of defense and notes how Hagel struggled with questions about Iran. [NYT]
• The Jerusalem Post looks into the evidence that Iran’s space monkey launch was a hoax. [JPost]
• Jonathan Safran Foer has been named by President Obama to serve on the United States Holocaust Memorial Council.
• New York Magazine takes a smart look at the end of the NBC show 30 Rock. [NYM]
Actor Jesse Heiman, an unlikely pick to make out with Bar Refaeli