Daybreak: Israel Killed Arafat?
Settlements vs. Iran, Spielberg honored, and more in the news
• At this week’s conference, Fatah resolves that Israel bears full responsibility for the death of former leader Yasser Arafat. [JPost]
• Still hoping to revive peace talks, the U.S. asks Israel to freeze settlement growth for one year. [Reuters]
• Meanwhile, a group of Republican leaders on a visit to Israel think President Obama should shift his focus to the Iranian threat. [AP]
• German police raided a hotel being used by neo-Nazis as a youth training center. [Ynet]
• And an 82-year-old Holocaust survivor will testify at former Nazi John Demjanjuk’s trial. [UPI]
• Steven Spielberg will receive Philadelphia’s 2009 Liberty Medal, joining the likes of Bono and Hamid Karzai. [JPost]