Sundown: A Billion Dollar Gift to the Met?
Plus mezuzot torched in Williamsburg on Yom HaShoah
• In an unprecedented gift, cosmetics magnate Leonard Lauder has promised his collection of Cubist art, some 70 or so paintings by the likes of Picasso, Braque, and Gris, to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. The collection is valued at over $1 billion. [NYT]
• In a residential building in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, 11 mezuzot were set afire by vandals. The incident is being investigated as a hate crime. [JTA]
• Rabbi Daniel Landes writes about living on seam between West and East Jerusalem, the tension between Jewish and Arab neighbors, and the intractability of the situation. [Daily Beast]
• Former senior Obama advisor and strategist David Axelrod will publish a memoir in 2014. He will compete for shelf space with Hillary Clinton and Timothy Geithner. [AP]
• Heeb reports on comedy king and podcast legend Marc Maron’s new television show. [Heeb]
According to reports, it was undamaged in today’s earthquake