Sundown: What’s at the Bottom of the Sea of Galilee?
Plus a bipartisan deal on guns checks
• A large, odd stone structure has been found on the floor of the Sea of Galilee. The object weighs some 60,000 tons (larger than a warship) and was first detected by a sonar survey years ago, but is now being observed by divers. [LiveScience]
• A bipartisan deal on background checks for gun buyers may allow a bill to reach the Senate floor. We’ve come a long way baby. [NYT]
• Menachem Wecker writes on Pope Francis’ love of Jewish art and Marc Chagall. [Forward]
• Deborah Copaken Kogan reflects on her life and her writing career as well as assesses the critical responses to her work. A fantastic read. [The Nation]
• Acclaimed author Austin Ratner drops by to talk about the relationship between comedy and tragedy as well as his latest book. [Jewcy]