Sundown: Syria and Israel Exchange Fire Again
Plus John Kerry throws a brushback pitch at North Korea
• Artillery shells and fire from a few light weapons struck near an Israeli border patrol on Friday evening. IDF forces returned fire at the source, which was across the border in Syria. There are no reports of casualties on either side. [JPost]
• Secretary of State John Kerry warns North Korea against conducting another missile test. [NYT]
• Literary critic and infrastructure expert Jacob Silverman takes a look at Arnon Grunberg’s latest book Tirza. [LAT]
• Missed from earlier this week, Liam Hoare writes on the legacy of the Holocaust in Europe for the Forward. [Forward]
• Musician Gabriel Kahane knows how to eat like a boss. Grub Street chronicles his diet across a week. [NYM]
• As we bid adieu to Bari Weiss, a parting song.