Daybreak: FBI Investigating Boston Attack
Eight-year-old victim identified as Martin Richard, of Dorchester.
• CBS News reports that investigators searched an apartment in the Boston suburb of Revere overnight, but say they have no formal suspects in the attacks on the Boston Marathon. [WBZ]
• Martin Richard, an eight-year-old boy from Dorchester, was one of three confirmed dead in yesterday’s terror attack. [Boston Globe]
• New York and Washington remain on heightened alert, with thousands of extra police out in the streets and guarding landmarks and transit hubs. [TNR]
• A magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck near Iran’s eastern border with Pakistan, sending people into the streets as far away as Delhi. Iranian Red Crescent officials say communications in the region have been cut; executives at the Russian company that built Iran’s Bushehr nuclear plant, in the country’s west, say they have no reports of damage. [Guardian]
• Israel Defense Forces chief Benny Gantz said in an Independence Day interview on Israel Radio that he believes the IDF has sufficient resources to attack Iranian nuclear installations alone.
[Times of Israel]
• Former congressman Anthony Weiner, who is considering jumping into the New York City mayoral race, told NY1 interviewer Errol Louis in an interview last night that Bill Clinton has been “a great source of support and friendship.” [NYT]