Sundown: Western Wall Showdown Looming?
Plus Hezbollah, Hawking, and Ari Brand
• Western Wall rabbi Shmuel Rabinowitz called for calm ahead of tomorrow’s potentially contentious Rosh Hodesh service featuring the Women of the Wall. While a recent court ruling guarantees that no women worshipers will be arrested, tomorrow’s service has an added dimension of controversy given the temporary nature of the arrangement. [JTA]
• More on the Hezbollah threats against Israel and Hassan Nasrallah’s statement about receiving new weapons from Syria. [NYT]
• Jillian Scheinfeld chats with Ari Brand, the up-and-coming actor who plays Asher Lev in the off-Broadway play “My Name is Asher Lev.” [Jewcy]
• A fellow ALS sufferer made a public plea for astrophysicist Stephen Hawking to reconsider his academic boycott of Israel. [ToI]
• A German production of Richard Wagner’s Tannhauser was canceled after less than a week following an uproar concerning the adaptation’s use of Nazi imagery and graphic simulated violence. [JTA]
The former actor’s got a new new album called ‘My Mother’s Brisket’