Adam Levine Continues to Ruin Everything

America has every right to be mad at the Maroon 5 lead singer

(Getty)

It’s a modern boy’s dream to use the access that internet provides to celebrities to make ill-conceived dreams come true. Take little Jake Davidson’s dream of having supermodel Kate Upton be his date to the Milken Community High School senior prom. Davidson made a YouTube video of his plea, which was viewed nearly three million times, after which Upton responded via Twitter with a very soft maybe.

Upton didn’t go, citing a busy schedule or something, but Davidson pulled off quite a coup when fellow supermodel Nina Agdal went as Davidson’s date in Upton’s stead.

“Jake was waiting to hear from Kate and when Nina heard about it, she said ‘If Kate can’t go, I’d like to go’ because she never got to go to her prom,” explained Jake’s mother Cheryl.

What does this have to do with Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine? Levine crushed his fellow tribesman’s dream by swooping in. Levine, who’d just split from his supermodel girlfriend Behati Prinsloo, reportedly got serious with Agdal before her corsage from Davidson had even dried out.

I know some might say we should have no pity for Davidson. But I picture poor Jake as I picture Moses on Mt. Nebo, watching plaintively as his brother Aaron (also a Levite) crossed into the Promised Land (of the heart).

Making matters worse, US Weekly, which never makes mountains out of molehills, is reporting that today Levine is apologizing for muttering “I hate this country” after Levine’s proteges Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons were voted off the competition show The Voice after failing to garner enough viewer votes.

“I obviously love my country very much and my comments last night were made purely out of frustration,” Levine explained to Us Weekly on Wednesday in response to the public outcry. Some Twitter followers called out Levine’s slam as unpatriotic, insensitive and uncalled for; the singer initially responded via Twitter by defining the terms “joke,” “humorless,” “lighthearted” and “misunderstand.” Others agreed with Levine’s outrage over the elimination results.

The feeling isn’t mutual.

marjorie says:

That is my favorite headline this week. And I like how you found a picture of him looking especially douchey.

Michael Geselowitz says:

I know this is a Jewish CULTURAL site, and we don’t all have to be conversant with all texts….but something basic as not knowing that Aaron also did not enter the Promised Land? Come on…

∆ntoine Htn says:

De la polémique de merde, c’est ça les USA.

Mieux aux États-Unis que le pays musulman de France

steve says:

??? Aharon did not cross into the land of Israel

Louis Trachtman says:

Please – both Moses and Aaron died before entering the Land of Israel!

Beekeeper says:

Why is anybody even paying attention to this idiot? Ignore him, and he’ll go away. All he wants is publicity. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

my idol <3

Adam!! I love you.

Stuart Savage says:

Seriously ,equating Moses and Adam Levine in the same sentence…Adam, the obvious envy must be dauntingly painful for you but I advise you to strive for a supermodel by just going up to one and asking for a date.Sing(pen) her a song.Good luck with that!

Metric-Buttload says:

what publicity was he seeking? So you think he sponsored an article that paints him in a poor light? Yes, he was truly seeking this. Did you actually think before you typed or just let your hatred and bluster get the best of you?

Metric-Buttload says:

read it again. he did not equate them

T-Roy says:

Aw it sounds like Adam Chandler has a crush….

emma liliana gonzales says:

He apologized right? Please do not be so rude to him.

roland says:

huh ?

This is a ridiculous write up. I am really aghast why writers always pick on Adam Levine. Get a life people, just leave Adam Levine alone. Even his private life is being made into public….. OMG media is really so cruel.

Adam didnt ruin everything, gosh this title alone is GROSS!…. Haters of Adam Levine are just enjoying this kind of crap so they can lambast and crucify him. what an ego tripping by this writer.

Jacob Jake Hostetter says:

that is the most cocksure smile i have ever seen upon a face in my 20-odd years of life. who could resist?

Jacob Jake Hostetter says:

Hi everybody! Short time ago I found a great list iOS applications for singers bit.ly/196FErE I share with you because they are very useful. Administration of the site will reward 10 $ iTunes for the best app review.

Adam Levine Continues to Ruin Everything

America has every right to be mad at the Maroon 5 lead singer

Israeli Poet Chronicles Vietnamese Exodus

By Dana Kessler — Vaan Nguyen, child of Vietnamese refugees, is one of Israel’s rising stars