Daybreak: Surrender or Surprise Attack?
A secret hideout, a baller, and more from the news
• Human Rights Watch says Palestinian families carrying white flags were killed by Israeli troops during the Gaza war; the IDF says Hamas uses flags illegally, making it impossible to distinguish between civilians and combatants. [Reuters]
• The Central Conference of American Rabbis, the group of Reform rabbis, has issued a statement advocating equal citizenship and rights for Arabs in Israel. [JPost]
• It’s done: President Obama presented the Medal of Freedom to Mary Robinson. [JTA]
• Hezbollah may have a base in Venezuela, from which to collect intelligence and plan remote attacks. [Ynet]
• American teenager Jeremy Tyler left high school to play for Israeli basketball team Maccabi Haifa, hoping to prove himself before returning to the States in time for the 2011 NBA draft. [Haaretz]