Today’s News: Run, Shmuley, Run!
Plus Jews have their say on health-care reform, and more
• In an absolutely must-read op-ed, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach hints that he will run for public office should the Libyan Ambassador continue to be allowed to live next-door to him in Englewood, New Jersey. [JTA]
• The United States has urged Israel not to release Palestinian terrorist Marwan Barghouti as part of a swap for captured soldier Gilad Shalit, according to a London-based Arabic paper. [Ynet]
• Jewish groups are taking an increasingly active role in trying to further shape health-care reform before the House and Senate vote on (and likely approve) a single bill. [JTA]
• A moving story of two eight-year-old friends, who happen to be an Israeli Jewish boy and a Palestinian Muslim girl, each injured by a weapon from the other side. “Someone forgot to tell them that they are enemies.” [NYT]
• Percy Sutton, the recently deceased former Manhattan borough president, is remembered for his significant efforts in favor of Jewish causes. [JTA]