Sundown: Iranian FM’s ‘Crazy’ Talk
Plus Jews compliment Hitler, Who Dat?!, and more
• Iran’s foreign minister said: “Israel is a crazy nation run by crazy people.” [Haaretz]
• Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minnesota), who is very popular with the Tea Party set, told the Republican Jewish Coalition that the Bible establishes the United States itself would cease to exist if it stopped supporting Israel. [Minnesota Independent/Vos Iz Neias?]
• Right-wing Israeli extremists chanted “Hitler was right!” at a pro-settlements protest. [Forecast Highs]
• Infidel, a British movie due out (over there, at least) this spring, is about a devout Muslim man in Britain who finds out that he’s actually biologically Jewish. Looks really funny. Watch the trailer. [The Guardian]
• Democrat Scott Lee Cohen quit his race for Illinois lieutenant governor following revelations about an ex-girlfriend. He made his sad announcement at a Chicago bar during halftime last night. [Chicago Tribune] Which reminds us …
• Who Dat?! The Scroll congratulates the people of New Orleans and Saints Nation. And it advises Peyton Manning to insist that, as a condition of his new contract, the Indianapolis Colts fire Jim Caldwell, who contributed one of the worst coaching performances in Super Bowl history.