Sundown: Top Reform Rabbi Wants East J’lem Freeze
Plus Levy’s running, a Shabbat to observe, and more
• Eric Joffie, the top American Reform rabbi, called for an East Jerusalem settlement freeze. [JTA]
• Jorge Puello, the alleged human-trafficker who claims to head the Dominican Sephardic community (but probably doesn’t, and may not even be Jewish), was apprehended in the Dominican Republic. [Fox/Failed Messiah]
• Steve Levy is officially running in the Republican primary for governor of New York. [Ben Smith]
• The newly expanded Jewish Museum London sounds really cool! [NYT]
• The UJA-Federation of New York announced new nominees to its presidency and board chairmanship. [UJA-Federation of New York]
Tear the phone out of the wall!