Daybreak: Who’s Got Israel’s Back?
Plus Iran’s sanctions, Obama’s Seder, and more in the news
• The United States, which generally protects Israel at the U.N. Security Council with its veto, may abstain on a resolution concerning East Jerusalem construction. [JPost]
• An analysis concludes that the Israeli-U.S. dispute occurred due to different perceptions of Jerusalem’s importance and the Palestinians’ capacity for self-rule. [NYT]
• First on the agenda at the G-8 summit today in Canada is Iran sanctions. [Ynet]
• The Arab League may consider normalization with Israel in exchange for peace. [Reuters/NYT]
• You probably saw it, since it was the Most Emailed article like all day yesterday, but: the White House Seder is an Obama tradition. [NYT]