Early Sundown: Freeze This!
Plus Jesus and ‘The Simpsons,’ and more
Barring big breaking news, The Scroll will be dark until Thursday morning. Chag Sameach!
• Prime Minister Netanyahu’s Cabinet rejected U.S. calls to cease building in East Jerusalem. [NYT]
• Despite what you’ve always been told, Jesus’s Last Supper was (probably) not a Seder. [Slate]
• Palace intrigue! Reported internal disputation over Israel within the Obama Administration. [Laura Rozen]
• Thomas L. Friedman on the necessity—not preferability—of peace in the Mideast. [NYT]
• Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan advocates against sanctions on Iran. [Haaretz]
• The Simpsons are going to Israel! (Actually, they went, last night; Sacha Baron Cohen voiced the Israeli tour guide.)