Daybreak: The Obama Peace Plan?
Plus the road to a unilateral Palestine, and more in the news
• The Obama administration is seriously considering drawing up a U.S. peace deal and submitting it to both parties. It would link the Palestinian conflict to the Iran issue. [WP]
• “Self-empowerment” is the byword of Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad’s West Bank: he is planting trees, starting projects, and burning Israeli goods to encourage self-sufficiency and lay the groundwork for a potential unilateral declaration of statehood. [NYT]
• Prime Minister Netanyahu will attend President Obama’s nuclear summit in Washington, D.C., next week, but will not have a special meeting with the president. [Haaretz]
• Jordanian King Abdullah II said his country’s relations with Israel were at a post-peace treaty low. Netanyahu’s stubbornness, he argues, requires Obama to be proactive. [WSJ]
• Happy end of Passover. Remember: be careful about the chametz you buy! [Ynet]