Later today, the Joshua Venture Group, which promotes social entrepreneurship in the Jewish community, will announce its eight 2010-12 fellows. Along a venture capital model, each fellow will receive $100,000, plus additional organizational support.
Here are the eight fellows (full biographies available here). Don’t forget to congratulate them!
• Zelig Golden, Wilderness Torah. Oakland, California.
• Alison Laichter, The Jewish Meditation Center. Brooklyn, New York.
• Sarah Lefton, G-dcast. San Francisco, California.
• Rachel Nussbaum, Kavana Cooperative. Seattle, Washington.
• Nati Passow, The Jewish Farm School. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
• Zheynya Plechkina, The Children’s Art Initiative. Brooklyn, New York.
• Eli Winkelman, Challah for Hunger. Austin, Texas.
• Ari Weiss, Uri L’Tzedek. New York, New York.