• Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin, a prominent Likudnik, told Greece’s ambassador that he would rather absorb the West Bank and its Arab residents into Israel than sign a peace deal with Mahmoud Abbas. Apparently no comment on Gaza, however. [Haaretz]
• Potential GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has been paying serious money to a Jerusalem-based consultant to help him beef up his pro-Israel bona fides. [Politico]
• A dispatch from the Gaza bodybuilding championship reports that many of the participants are former Fatah security guards who relish the opportunity to flout Hamas’s strict modesty rules by taking off their shirts and showing off their bulk. No pictures, (un?)fortunately. [AP/Haaretz]
• Sandra Bullock apparently gave her adopted child a bris (that is, the child was not merely circumcised; there was ritual and everything). This is ironic because (apparently again) her husband who cheated on her likes Nazis. Or something. [JTA]
• This is how Albert Einstein apparently got women to sleep with him. His method involved physics, of a sort. [Negev Rock City]
• Save the date! On Tuesday, May 18, our office-mate Jewcy is hosting the inaugural Yiderati reading series at New York City’s Strand bookstore. It will feature, among others, Tablet Magazine contributing editor Rachel Shukert. [Jewcy]
Instead of our usual Sundown video, here is your caricature of the day, from this Forward article on Jews who support Sarah Palin:
Korn himself has an unusual background. Up until the mid-1980s, he was a self-proclaimed “left-wing organizer” who taught pan-African studies, was a Central America solidarity activist and worked at a jazz radio station in Philadelphia with Mumia Abu-Jamal. He even voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980. He then had a radical transformation, switched to Orthodox from Reform Judaism and became a strident pro-Israel activist, an opponent of, as he put it, the “series of concessions that are called the peace process.” Eventually Korn, now 54, even headed the Zionist Organization of America.
Doesn’t sound that “unusual” to us!