Sundown: Obama and Abbas Have a Chat
Plus a Jewish ‘Jersey Shore,’ and more
• According to an email from the White House, President Obama spoke with President Abbas today. He “urged that President Abbas do everything he can to prevent acts of incitement or delegitimization of Israel” and also “confirmed his intention to hold both sides accountable for actions that undermine trust during the talks.”
• Several American Jewish religious leaders called on Prime Minister Netanyahu to withdraw the Yisrael Beiteinu-sponsored conversion bill. They warn that it would concentrate power over who qualifies for the Law of Return with the Chief Rabbinate. [JTA]
• Apparently, someone wants to do for Jews on Long Island what Jersey Shore has done for Italian-Americans in New Jersey. [Crushable]
• Russian President Dmitry Medvedev urged Hamas leader Khaled Meshal to release kidnapped Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit. [Ynet]
• The late DJ AM, born Adam Goldstein, has a crucial cameo in the box office-smashing Iron Man 2. [LAT]
Netanyahu accused Iran of trying to get Israel and Syria to start firing things at each other. President Ahmadinejad?