Sundown: Rabbis Go To Emanuel’s Temple
Plus why Obama should’ve picked a Protestant, and more
• So 15 rabbis go to the White House … no, really, 15 rabbis had a meeting with chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel and other top advisers about Israel. [JTA]
• Thirty prominent American Jews signed a petition calling for a two-state solution. Supporters include Judge Abner Mikvah; the Forward’s publisher; Rabbi David Saperstein; and Theodore Bikel. [For The Sake of Zion]
• Former editor of the Forward argues Obama should have chosen a Protestant Supreme Court nominee. [Forward]
• J Street supports the extra U.S. aid for the Israeli missile shield. [J Street]
• An interview with Tablet Magazine contributor Judith Shulevitz on her new book about the Sabbath. [Jeffrey Goldberg]
Keith Richards introduces Phish on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon; they cover the Stones’s “Loving Cup”. Awesome.